Click for Home Page Click for Contact Us Page Click for FAQ's Page Click for About Us Page Click for Sitemap Navigation
Main Menu

Chinese Silk Fan

Making a Silk Fan by Hand In Guilin

Chinese Art

Zhaoqing at Night - Seen from 7-Stars Lake and Crags

Image: Deng Xiao Ping

Image: Beefburger

Image: Chinese Curry Sauce
Chinese Visa's
Warm Notice (December 2010)
This page is dedicated to those who are entering China for the first time, or perhaps after a long break. You will be aware that you need to register with authorities in order to stay outside of a hotel, but what exactly is required?

Warm Notice

A Warm Notice is the term used for the official local government information leaflet that tells you officially what is required of you. Although quite short, it details virtually all circumstances, types of visa, and what action you are required to take next.

Warm Notice Details

For nearly all foreigners entering China you will need to obtain a Certificate of Temporary Residency (Described in detail here).

A Certificate of Temporary Residency is not the same as a Residence Permit (Sometimes referred to as 'Residence Certificate' = be careful) - the latter allows you to work in China (Generalised - check rules applicable to yourself), whilst the former does not and is simply a registration of your whereabouts.

Most visa's do not allow you to work in China, but the exceptions are detailed on the notice, and in our visa section.

The term Warm Notice may sound endearing, but it should be read with both connotations in mind. Therefore it is a warm welcome message from the Bureau of Public Security (Police), with much very useful advice.

Should you be stupid enough to ignore this advice, then things will get pretty hot for you pretty quickly !

The Warm Notice is issued by the 1st Level city of your location and may vary from city district to city district regards information and style. Guangdong Province has around 23 1st level cities + a few hundred second level cities.

The one reproduced is issued by Jiang Men city, Guangdong. It covers several other cities, including my home city of Tai Shan about 100Km away.

When I lived in Foshan city this form was a single flier, with English on one side and Chinese on the other. The one pictured is twice as detailed as the Foshan one and delivered folded in two. It again has English on one side and Chinese on the other.

We have included the Chinese version in case you need to ask for help in complying with the notice.
Image: Warm Notice in English - Click to Enlarge
Click picture above to enlarge
Click here for giant size scan

Image: Warm Notice in Chinese - Click to Enlarge
Click picture above to enlarge
Click here for giant size scan

In the above leaflet you will see reference to carrying either your passport and original of the Certificate of Temporary or permanent residence with you at all times. Chinese citizens all have to carry their id card instead. We are aware (Due to problems with some foreign ethnic groups) that in certain areas of Guangzhou it is prudent to carry with you both passport and C of RT.

If you remain unsure what to do then please take a Chinese friend with you and go to see the local Police. They will probably direct you where to go and what to do next. You will of course require your passport.

We have always found the Chinese Police to be very friendly and helpful. However it remains up to you to make first contact with them - although they do know where you are and what you are doing anyway. They may not be so pleasant if you ignore the basics of living in China - such as the Warm Notice.

This information is as supplied by China Expats and the Chinese Ministry of Public Security (PSB) as dated 4th December 2010; and supported by China Daily newspaper, and/or other reliable sources. Please check this information yourself as it may alter without notice, and whilst we try our best to ensure it is correct, please do not hold us responsible for any errors - this is intended as a simple guide only
Search this Website
Search Query
Our Friends
Open Directory Search
Image: ChinaBiz21 logo
Professional Visa Services
Company Formation Packages

Image: CRCC logo - Click for Website
Connecting people, investment opportunities and businesses across the globe.

We are also the leading provider of work placements in China.
Link to: British Foreign & Commonwealth Office
British Foreign Office

Advice for Travellers
Personal Email Updates
Link to: Chinese Embassy in UK
Chinese Embassy in UK

Information About China
International Relations
Visa & Consular
Link to: British Consulate General in China
UK Embassy in China

Information About UK
International Relations
Visa & Consular
Down The
How We Traded Our Ordinary Lives For a Global Bicycle Touring Adventure
Link to: - Tim and Cindie Travis: How We Traded Our Ordinary Lives For a Global Bicycle Touring Adventure
See Us in China
Excellent & Free Online Chinese Language Portal
Link to: - Free Online Language Resources
Thousands of free print-friendly Chinese reference sheets, tests and revision aids.
Easy Learning format &
Listen to Spoken Words
Link to: - Your First Call for Holidays and Information about China. Free Community resources, including City guides written by Foreigners who have been there
Based in Xi'an,
China's Premiere Travel Agency and International Travel Community -
Committed to providing:
Best travel deals & current information for all International Travellers
Page Navigation: Top of Page
Link to: - Excellent Hosting and Support Services
Image for Decoration only
    Copyright Webmaster @ ChinaExpats Links