Sifu Liang was trained by
Gwok Fu and offers serious courses in Wing
Chun style helped by other master's who
help keep Ip Man's legacy alive and thriving
in modern Foshan City. One Master speaks
Training is offered 6 days per week with
two x 2 hour sessions per day. The current
cost (August 2011) is Y750 RMB for a 2-month
course. 1- to - 1 training is also available
at a cost of Y100 per hour.
China Expat's are pleased
to arrange tuition, accommodation, meet
and greet, transfers, translation services
and sight-seeing trips for any Kung Fu students
to the above and other locations on a fully-inclusive
basis. Please ask
Note: Other Wing Chun schools,
Hun Ga (Wong Fei Hong) and Wushu are also
available for booking in Foshan today
• Traditional Chinese Holiday Cottages:
New for 2011 we offer a choice of two traditional homes in a rural village near Jiu Jiang Town. These properties have been renovated and restored in typical traditional style and are ideal for confident travellers who want to
discover the real China!
We offer housekeeping and private drivers as part of the package
• A Letter From China
A series of irregular, irreverent & irrelevant snapshots of daily life in China.
This ever popular section now offers a Lightbox with slideshow gallery, and Comments section powered by Disqus. Jonno has (Finally) written several new missives, which include:
Computer Keyboards and Visa Nightmares Revisited!
Meanwhile other new letters and observations being penned - Jonno's latest entitled: One Night in Guangzhou
• New Family Visit Visa:
New Visa for Foreigners with Family in China (Including overseas Chinese). New Rules: June 2010 - Very Important! New 'Family Visit Visa' now processed for our Director Jonno.
• Z Visa Problems: A good friend of ours recently suffered because the University processing his work permit application - lost his paperwork. Do not presume, and ensure you have a valid visa!
Read his story here - it may apply to you also!
• Guangzhou Metro Map - 2010 version includes Airport, Punyu, Canton Fair and Foshan line - In English and Chinese.
• DIY: A new section for September 2010 details how to do simple DIY jobs around your home in China.
• Ip Man and Kung Fu: Our popular page dedicated to this real-life Kung Fu Grandmaster and mentor of Bruce Lee has now been revised, and includes clean links to the films: Ip Man and Ip
• Music Downloads pages updated with new easy to use format, more links and more information about famous Chinese singers and bands
• Classical Chinese musical instruments section extended - now offering free info and streaming of:
'10 Chinese Classics', Banhu, Erhu, Guqin, Guzheng, Pipa, Suona, and Xun
* Chinese Opera is reviewed in a new section devoted to classical Chinese culture, includes: Peking Opera, Yue Opera, Huangmei Song + many others.
* Chinese Literature reviews the 4 great Classic Books of China: Dream of the Red Chamber, Outlaws of the Marsh (The Water Margin), Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Journey to the West (Monkey).
We also include the fifth great work: The Plum in the Golden Vase or Jin Ping Mei (Banned Chinese erotica)
• Hollywood Comes to China:
Film Workshops & Sacred Rainbow Dance™ Tour 2010
• Music Section added: A new section with many downloads of notable Chinese instruments and classic tracks - try the Xun
• Chinese TV & Films Section updated - Kung Fu Info, Artists, and free Film links now online
China Expat's are real people and like
to socialize - which usually entails eating out,
drinking too much, and taking in a club, karaoke,
show, or special event. We go to posh restaurants
sometimes, or streetbars late into the night.
Often we see live music at the best place in town
'Channel 6', where live music of a rock/pop theme
is performed. Other times we watch large screen
Football or F1 nights in venue's like DJ Cafe.
We know Foshan intimately = Come and Play!
Our growing circle of personal friends
includes Expat's from: Blighty, Oz, US of
A, Canada, South Africa, Malawi, Nepal,
Thailand, Russia, The Philippines, Malaysia,
Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden; as well
as Hong Kong, Singapore and Macao.
To this ever-growing and evolving mix we
also add native and local Chinese, who are
mainly Cantonese. They speak very good English,
know the locality and latest places well,
and are a lot of fun! These good and long-time
friends are a mix of well educated boys
and girls mostly in their 20's.
Our impromptu get-together's are full of
laughs, plus great for networking, socializing,
and meeting people who could prove to be;
very important to you and your business
- or support you as an individual lost in
this amazing culture. Our ethic is to work
very hard, play very hard + try and find
a little time to sleep occasionally?
China Expat's are based in Foshan City, Guangdong Province, China.
We provide free information, resources
and advice for foreigners in China, or those looking
to learn more about this mysterious and fascinating
country, its culture and traditions.
Our expertise relates to the Cantonese world,
which we support and promote for its diversity
and uniqueness. However, we do not restrict ourselves
just to Canton, but cover the whole of China,
and have developed relationships with other Expat
websites and clubs all over Southeast Asia. We
are also a Hong Kong Registered Company with offices
in Sheung Wan.
1. Promoting international understanding between world
2. Pursuing opportunities for Cultural Exchange
3. Providing free resources and information for anyone
in need of advice
has developed a full range of professional Business
Services and support packages to meet the requirements
of all trade buyers. Please see our Business
Section for full details.
Culture and traditions are very important to us and
are more than a mere spectacle performed for the benefit
of tourists. They embody what it means to be Chinese
- the world's oldest surviving culture. For 2011 we
intend to extend this section to include other Classical
Chinese Cultural elements such as: Literature, Prose
Opera begins our new Chinese Classical
Culture section by introducing this art form and detailing
ten different forms, such as: Peking Opera, Cantonese
Opera, Sichuan Opera, Huangmei Song, Shaw Brothers Studios
- and many more with some great pictures and links.
We continue to add new content to our existing free
information, in order to help you understand what it
is all about - take Chinese Opera for instance. We support
this by detailing Chinese Festivals and notable other
cultural events as they occur and are recorded. This
work takes time to research, photograph, and edit for
your benefit. On our 'to do' list are such things as
a full explanation of Dragon Lore, supported by Chinese
myths and Legends - some of which are now proved to
have been fact!
Welcome to China
Expat's Home Page, your bridge between east and west.
Advice & resources for tourists, businessmen, students,
and foreigners living in China.
China Expat's (HK) Ltd. are a Hong Kong registered company.
Your smile is your biggest resource, use it generously
English translations of articles
relating to women's issues. Practical advice on health,
fitness, folk art, shopping, fashion provide a closer
look at Chinese culture
Information & Resources
China's Premiere Travel Agency
and International Travel Community -
Best travel deals & current information for all
China Tour 360 offers
great value & custom packages:
• China Small Group Tours
• China Private Tours
• China City Packages
Private Small Group Tour packages
to all parts of China
Book with China Expat's
Tours, Cruises Hotels, Flights & special packages
Want to book in China?
China Expat's have teamed up with China Highlights to offer you exclusive deals: 5% discount
when booking tours and cruises using the link below
Excellent and relaxing base to
explore Guilin, most beautiful of all regions in China!
Register with OBS-China.com and we will allocate you an address in the USA. You can then shop online at any USA website and have your merchandise delivered to the USA address. We will forward it to you in China.